Communication changes often. The world and consumers are no longer what they were. However, digital transformation in Mexico has been restrained by a key factor for our society: Mexican culture.
Digital thinking in our country is more passive than you think; One of the main causes is the difficulty to change the way of thinking of corporate organizations, where ideas oriented to innovation and digitalization find a barrier designed by the «old school».
In today’s digital world, the most up-to-date companies are increasingly focusing on finding their target based on the experience and preference of the Internet user. On the other hand, the transfer of certain business processes to a digital way is also becoming important.
The permanent connectivity offered by the internet makes it an ecosystem of mass communication, in which information can be found anywhere with easy access for companies. On the other hand, companies that are not yet integrated into the network lose a large part of the market share.
Digital companies are not built in a short time, on the contrary, most processes must be changed and updated so that the objectives of all areas are interconnected. This change must be gradual and progressive, while the management adapts to the new rhythm and seeks a strategy of unification.
There are several characteristics that describe a company in a positive transition towards digitalization, which can guide organizations at the beginning:
- Passion for innovation: The company shows passion for change, an attitude that must permeate from all managers to employees of any department. They involve the collaborators and the client in these changes, focusing on the process of change.
- Effective management: The company looks for new ways to manage its projects and operations, and explores what is the proper way to integrate them. It tries to break with the bureaucracy incorporating disruptive technologies.
- Control and monitoring: The company is prepared to experiment with KPI’s (Key performance indicators), use control metrics and quantify the objectives. The company must be prepared to play its role in the direction and control to start implementing digital processes.
- Cybersecurity: A company that uses IT must have a cybersecurity system to avoid unwanted external interventions. Network controls, access to information, databases and decision-making systems are some examples of cybersecurity.
- Alliances and outsourcing: A company must keep its options open for any type of opportunity. In this case, external supports help to reduce risks, implantations, and incorporate professionals with the necessary experience in technology to the company’s processes.
If technological change does not happen, the path of the organization to its digital stage will be increasingly difficult, will be the trends and market movements that drag the companies to react, or to remain in obsolescence.